Today was the second broadcast of PMS (Politics, Music, and Sex) and let me just say it was "KICK-ASS". I swear I've been saying that everywhere, but it was. Maybe even a little more than kick-ass. I would have posted the picture from the studio today but after I uploaded it, my brother deleted it. [jdshajhjasjf!] So, I'll give you our radio station logo instead.
http://www.wsjuradio.org/
Here's a rundown of what we discussed on tonight's broadcast:
- Obama buying commercial time from MTV Networks on Comedy Central, Spike, and VH1. Obama is the first presidential campaign allowed to buy time from the network because it never did before.
- For all the black republicans on campus, I gave a link to a blog by an avid black republican from Chelsea named Richard Ivory. http://www.hiphoprepublican.com/
- Then we discussed how race shouldn't play an issue in this campaign and that being black doesn't mean you HAVE to vote for Obama. (We then received a couple IM's from listeners in the cafetera, one of them being a member of the College Democrats! He was extremely happy that we were talking about politics and even wanted to bring up some members for a discussion. We're in the works of making that happen.)
-After a few more songs, we talked about one of our love to hate topics: Miley Cyrus. I mean, we are a show about Politics AND Sex (or in other words, gossip). Discussed her major sweet sixteen at Disneyland and how much each guest paid just get in.
- Then we discussed various little things like my new hair (which btw, I chopped off), a follow-up on the debates and last week's "Upcoming Artist", Racing Kites, and some events going on around campus.
- Finally, the "Upcoming Artist" of the week were my favorite guys, HONOR SOCIETY (www.myspace.com/honorsociety)!
Here's the playlist from tonight's show:
our time now - plain white t's
t-shirt - shontelle
get back - demi lovato
watch dem roll - sean paul
roots from branches - room for two
lovebug - jonas brothers
all night is alright - racing kites
superstar - lupe fiasco
driveway - miley cyrus
unpredictable - honor society
also, my parents left for France tonight and I'm kinda bummin' out now while watching Supernatural.
Oh, and I'm going to go see The Veronicas tomorrow! The whole reason for my previous blog was to win passes into their private party hosted by the yahoo! music channel, yaz, and in touch weekly at Crash Mansion. I did not win, but my friend Paula did and she was kinda enough to invite me! so, that's all for now folks.

2 comments:
I've got something to say: our show kicked ass tonight! okay thats all lol
black republican=jewish nazi. wat a bunc of dumbasses.
Post a Comment