Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Speaking my peace to the past.

there's no real reason why i named this entry with that line. it just happened to be the line that was currently playing on my ipod. but now thinking about it, this is a great song. lemme show you:

February 5th, Friday morning, purple dawn
Broke a yawn, as a I stepped through the fog, like I stepped to a song
A moment like a poem, you wish you could hold it
I shut my eyes like it's frozen, it's gone when I open
It slipped passed the clouds right there where it lingered
Like your band and a girl could slip through your fingers
My feet hit the ground like a beat for the lonely
On a path beaten down by the crowds in the morning
If only I could touch past the phony
If only they were there now to hold me
As the questions keep droning
You're the only one who stuck it out last night
The only other one who caught the other line
You're the only one when this world collides
The one that I can't deny
There's no purpose to this entry. But then again, there's a purpose in every 'nothing-ness'. But I think my purpose to is say: grasp and share life. Even if it means sharing some awesome lyrics to someone. I wish I could go back and do that sometimes, to go back and to say 'i love you' or even 'thank you' . But learn from your mistakes right? So do it. Learn from mine.
& oh, if you're wondering, the song is undeniable by mat kearney.

No comments: